What is the mean of democratic?
government by the people
Is a government by a small group of people?
Oligarchy: a small group of people having control of a country or organization. Monarchy: a form of government with a monarch at the head. Democracy: a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
What is the key feature of democracy?
According to American political scientist Larry Diamond, democracy consists of four key elements: a political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; the active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; protection of the human rights of all citizens; ...
Is a government by a small group of all powerful persons?
De jure democratic governments with a de facto oligarchy are ruled by a small group of segregated, powerful or influential people who usually share similar interests or family relations. ... An oligarchy is different from a true democracy because very few people are given the chance to change things.
What are the 5 characteristics of democracy?
Describe any five characteristics of democracy
- Elected representative.
- Civil liberties.
- Independent judiciary.
- Organised opposition party.
- Rule of law.
- Citizens in a democracy have not only rights but also the responsibility to participate in the political system.
- Democratic societies are committed to the values of tolerance, cooperation, and compromise.
Which is better republic or democracy?
In a pure democracy, the voting majority has almost limitless power over the minority. The United States, like most modern nations, is neither a pure republic nor a pure democracy....Key Takeaways: Republic vs. Democracy.
|Power Held By||The population as a whole||Individual citizens|
What are two important differences between a pure democracy and a republic?
The two great points of difference between a democracy and a republic are: first, the delegation of the government, in the latter, to a small number of citizens elected by the rest; secondly, the greater number of citizens, and greater sphere of country, over which the latter may be extended.
What is the real meaning of Republic?
Republic, form of government in which a state is ruled by representatives of the citizen body. ... Because citizens do not govern the state themselves but through representatives, republics may be distinguished from direct democracy, though modern representative democracies are by and large republics.
Is US a democracy or a republic?
The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials.
- What does the iron law of oligarchy state?
- What is the iron law of oligarchy in sociology?
- What is the origin of oligarchy?
- What are the four characteristics of a democracy?
- What type of government is a oligarchy?
- Why did tyrants lose power in ancient Greece?
- What happened to North Korea's president?
- What is symbolic Interactionist theory?
- How did anthropology begin?
- What are the three merits and demerits of democracy?
You will be interested
- How was North Korea formed?
- What is the opposite of a monarchist?
- Where did the tradition of wedding rings come from?
- What are the disadvantages of tradition?
- Whats the difference between a democracy and a republic?
- What is the difference between a monarchy and an oligarchy?
- What is the tradition?
- Why do we need social interaction?
- What is stated by the iron rule of oligarchy?
- What is iron law of wages State?