What is a synonym for oligarchy?
Words related to oligarchy autocracy, oppression, domination, cruelty, authoritarianism, despotism, totalitarianism, coercion, terrorism, absolutism, severity, monocracy, fascism, totality, imperiousness, high-handedness, unreasonableness, reign of terror, peremptoriness.
What is democracy in simple words?
A democracy is a system where people can change their rulers in a peaceful manner and the government is given the right to rule because the people say it may."[ 6] Origins of Democracy. The word democracy was coined by the ancient Greeks who established a direct form of government in Athens.
What is an example of a democratic republic?
Many countries that use the term "democratic republic" in their official names (such as Algeria, Congo-Kinshasa, Ethiopia, North Korea, Laos, and Nepal) are considered undemocratic "hybrid regimes" or "authoritarian regimes" by the Economist Intelligence Unit's Democracy Index and "not free" by the U.S.-based, U.S.- ...
Why is Republic the best form of government?
A republic allows greater freedom and prosperity. Economic pursuit benefits the entire nation and people are able to live well. When government serves the interests of the entire country, we say it is serving the common welfare. There is wider participation in the political process.
What kind of democracy is India?
India is a federal (or quasi-federal) democratic republic with a parliamentary system of government largely based on the UK model.  Parliament is the “supreme legislative body of India” comprised of the President and the two Houses – Rajya Sabha (the Council of States) and the Lok Sabha (the House of the People).
What are the two forms of democracy?
There are two types of democracy: direct and representative. There are three systems of democracies: parliamentary, presidential, and mixed. Parliamentary systems are distinct because of the power that they place in the hands of the legislative branch.
Why do we need democracy Class 9?
Democracy is important because it give citizens equal opportunities to help make laws, vote for leaders and be protected by laws and rights that are in place. Democracy is a governmental structure that focuses on the rights of the citizens rather than the rights that the government has to control the citizens.
What are the limitations of a democratic form of government class 9?
Two limitations of a democratic government are: They have to work for citizens and not for themselves. 2. They can't remove or appoint any person in the work. The voting must be done periodically.
What is Democracy Why Democracy Class 9 questions and answers?
Answer: A democracy is the government elected by the people, from among the people themselves. The Army is integral in protecting the country, but it is not elected by the people; hence, it cannot form a democratic government.
Why is democracy defined?
1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority. b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.
Which is the most common form of democracy in today's world?
- What really happened at the first Thanksgiving?
- What is the mean of democratic?
- What does the iron law of oligarchy state?
- What is the iron law of oligarchy in sociology?
- What is the origin of oligarchy?
- What are the four characteristics of a democracy?
- What type of government is a oligarchy?
- Why did tyrants lose power in ancient Greece?
- What happened to North Korea's president?
- What is symbolic Interactionist theory?
You will be interested
- How did anthropology begin?
- Why do we need social interaction?
- What is iron law of wages State?
- What are the 7 principles of life?
- What are two types of oligarchies quizlet?
- What words are related to democracy?
- Who created the iron law of wages?
- What does the word oligarchy mean?
- What is the difference between a monarchy and an oligarchy?
- What are the three merits and demerits of democracy?