Table of Contents:
- How does food relate to anthropology?
- What does a food anthropologist do?
- What are people who do excavations called?
- What dig means?
- Why excavation can cause landslide?
- What's another word for excavation?
- What is another word for Dig?
- What does unearth mean?
- What is another word for buried?
- What Buried means?
- What does cover mean?
- What is top cover?
- What does it mean to take cover?
- What is the meaning of convert?
- How do I convert to English?
- What is an example of convert?
- What is another word for convert?
- What is the opposite word of convert?
- What word comes before vacation?
- What's another word for vacation?
How does food relate to anthropology?
Food anthropology is a subdiscipline of anthropology. While Anthropologists focus on the study of humans, past and present, Food Anthropologists specialize in the role that food plays in communities and society as a whole.
What does a food anthropologist do?
Food anthropologists study the role that food plays across different communities. They use current and historical accounts of food gathering, preparation, and consumption as tools to explore the economy, social classes, migration habits, and traditions of a variety of cultures.
What are people who do excavations called?
When archaeologists or other people excavate a piece of land, they remove earth carefully from it and look for things such as pots, bones, or buildings which are buried there, in order to discover information about the past. ... To excavate means to dig a hole in the ground, for example in order to build there.
What dig means?
1 : to turn up, loosen, or remove the soil The dog was digging in the garden again. 2 : to turn up or remove with a shovel or by similar means I dug into the snow. 3 : to form by removing earth dig a hole dig a cellar. 4 : to uncover or search by or as if by turning up earth They dug for gold.
Why excavation can cause landslide?
If the landslide is divided into the sliding and the anti-sliding sections, the more the anti-sliding section of the sliding body is excavated, the more the anti-sliding force will be reduced, resulting in a more unstable landslide. Therefore, unreasonable excavation will cause a landslide.
What's another word for excavation?
In this page you can discover 45 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for excavation, like: unearthing, disinterring, hollow, digging, mining, quarrying, exhuming, removal, digging a basement, digging a foundation and using a back hoe.
What is another word for Dig?
Dig Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for dig?
|dig out||hollow out|
|gouge out||scoop out|
What does unearth mean?
What is another word for buried?
In this page you can discover 48 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for buried, like: concealed, hidden, under cover (or wraps), obscured, covert, ulterior, interred, show, inhumed, unburied and swallowed.
What Buried means?
1 : to place in the ground and cover over for concealment The pirates buried their treasure. 2 : to put (a dead body) in a grave or tomb. 3 : to cover with something The snowstorm buried my car.
What does cover mean?
English Language Learners Definition of cover (Entry 1 of 2) : to put something over, on top of, or in front of (something else) especially in order to protect, hide, or close it. : to be spread over or on top of (something) : to be over much or all of the surface of (something)
What is top cover?
: combat airplanes flying at high altitude to protect from air attack a military force especially of other airplanes flying at a lower altitude.
What does it mean to take cover?
phrase. If you take cover, you shelter from gunfire, bombs, or the weather.
What is the meaning of convert?
to change (something) into a different form or properties; transmute; transform. to cause to adopt a different religion, political doctrine, opinion, etc.: to convert the heathen.
How do I convert to English?
Glossary of Grammatical and Rhetorical Terms In English grammar, conversion is a word-formation process that assigns an existing word to a different word class, part of speech, or syntactic category.
What is an example of convert?
To convert is to change, to cause someone or something to change, or to alter your beliefs. An example of convert is when you buy a single family house and break it up into apartments. An example of convert is when you convince someone to change from Catholic to Protestant.
What is another word for convert?
Some common synonyms of convert are metamorphose, transfigure, transform, transmogrify, and transmute. While all these words mean "to change a thing into a different thing," convert implies a change fitting something for a new or different use or function.
What is the opposite word of convert?
change; adapt: hold, leave alone, stay, refuse, wait, endure, persist, stagnate, remain, idle, keep.
What word comes before vacation?
Answer. Answer: Freedom from any activity; rest; respite; intermission.
What's another word for vacation?
In this page you can discover 22 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for vacation, like: sabbatical, holiday, evacuation, holidays, trip, leisure, invalidation, leave, liberty, recess and resignation.
- What is a sentence for anthropology?
- What did Malinowski do that revolutionized anthropological fieldwork?
- What is general anthropology class?
- When did Ethnology appear?
- What is the meaning of ethnographic?
- How do you use admittedly in a sentence?
- What are the 4 human races?
- What does Ethnohistorian mean?
- What are the theories of society?
- What is called anthropologist?
- What is ethnography quizlet?
- What is the meaning of Nafas?
- What are some ethnographic techniques?
- How is ethnography used?
- How will you use ethnography in the study of psychology?
- How do you pronounce the name bourgeois?
- What are the languages in Indonesia?
- What is an ethnographic approach to research?
- What is an ethnography in research?
- What is a case study in qualitative research?