Table of Contents:
- How many Abrams have been destroyed?
- What is the deadliest tank in the world?
- Can at 72 destroy an Abrams?
- Has anyone ever died in an Abrams tank?
- Can RPG 7 destroy an Abrams?
- Where do tank crews sleep?
- Do tanks have toilets?
- How do tank crews die?
- Are army tanks air conditioned?
- Can a civilian buy a M1 Abrams?
- Is 3 Soviet heavy tank?
- What is the fastest military tank?
- Is 7 heavy tank?
- What is the fastest American tank?
- Why do tank destroyers not have turrets?
- What killed the most tanks in World War 2?
- How many Shermans does it take to destroy a tiger?
- Can a howitzer destroy a tank?
- Can a Tiger tank destroy an Abrams?
- Can a ww2 tank destroy a modern tank?
- Can a hand grenade destroy a tank?
- What weapons can destroy a tank?
- Can a mortar destroy a tank?
- What is the best anti tank weapon?
- Can a Hellfire missile destroy a tank?
- Can 30mm destroy a tank?
- Can minigun destroy tank?
- Could a Tiger tank beat a modern tank?
- Can a machine gun destroy a tank?
- Are Miniguns legal?
How many Abrams have been destroyed?
What is the deadliest tank in the world?
Top 10 Main Battle Tanks
Can at 72 destroy an Abrams?
A second round fired from 700 yards, bounced off, and the offending T-72 was blasted. The third T-72, at a range of roughly 400 yards, fired a round, which left a groove in the armor of the Abrams. It, too, was destroyed by a shot fired through a sand berm.
Has anyone ever died in an Abrams tank?
On J, two of the four soldiers in an Abrams crew were killed during combat operations in Baghdad, when an IED detonated near their M1A2.
Can RPG 7 destroy an Abrams?
Since most of the readily available RPG-7 rounds cannot penetrate M1 Abrams tank armor from almost any angle, it is primarily effective against soft-skinned or lightly armored vehicles, and infantry.
Where do tank crews sleep?
Tank crew do sleep in their own tanks, whether it is necessary or not.
Do tanks have toilets?
Modern tanks are incredibly well-engineered machines that can complete various tasks autonomously. ... Tanks do not have any bathroom facilities. First of all, there is no room for a toilet. Tank has to be concealed from the outside world, ideally, so tank's bathroom would have to have some sort of waste management system.
How do tank crews die?
A really strong high-explosive shell that doesn't break through the armor can still kill the crew with its shock wave. Bombs, demolition charges, artillery shells, rockets, missiles, etc can have enough explosive effect to destroy the armor, crushing the crew at the same time.
Are army tanks air conditioned?
Modern tanks and armored vehicles usually have air conditioning. The crew just operates the tank similar to a modern car. ... Modern tanks and armored vehicles usually have air conditioning. The crew just operates the tank similar to a modern car.
Can a civilian buy a M1 Abrams?
M1 Assault Breacher Vehicle Or something like that. Yeah, no civilian can own or operate one of these and the American government doesn't even want you to give them a number of what you'll pay. Which is pretty crazy since those guys absolutely love money.
Is 3 Soviet heavy tank?
The IS-3 (also known as Object 703) is a Soviet heavy tank developed in late 1944. Its semi-hemispherical cast turret (resembling an upturned soup bowl), became the hallmark of post-war Soviet tanks. Its pike nose design would also be mirrored by other tanks of the IS tank family such as the IS-7 and T-10.
What is the fastest military tank?
M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank
M1/IPM1 M1A1 Top Speed: 45.
Is 7 heavy tank?
The IS-7 heavy tank design began in Leningrad in 1945 by Nikolai Fedorovich Shashmurin Weighing 68 tonnes, thickly armoured and armed with a 130 mm S-70 long-barrelled gun, it was the largest and heaviest member of the IS family and one of the most advanced heavy tank designs.
What is the fastest American tank?
Why do tank destroyers not have turrets?
Tank destroyers had no turrets because they were meant as a defensive anti armour weapon. The were significantly cheaper to produce and could have thicker armour for the same weight of vehicle. Their design was meant to fight from prepared positions against attacking armour.
What killed the most tanks in World War 2?
Originally Answered: What is the most lethal tank of World war II? In terms of killing power it would be the German Tiger Tank or the later King Tiger. Both had some reliability issues and the King was underpowered but equipped with the deadly 88mm (3 1/2") gun.
How many Shermans does it take to destroy a tiger?
Generally a platoon a Shermans 4-5 tanks would tackle a Tiger I. That seems to have been the standard drill and doctrine with an average result of: In this battle the Sherman platoon would lose 2-3 tanks before one tank managed to get around for a flank shot to put the Tiger out.
Can a howitzer destroy a tank?
Yes. Artillery can cause catastrophic kills on tanks, especially on a steel-on-steel hit. ... I'd imagine your chances are greater with the howitzers or a man portable anti-tank solution than with rocket artillery.
Can a Tiger tank destroy an Abrams?
A Tiger 1 Panzer VI Heavy tank cannot take an Abrams from the front at any distance,as it will need atleast 5–6 shots to penetrate the hull and between 7–9 shots to penetrate the turret, all shots must be fired in the same spot.
Can a ww2 tank destroy a modern tank?
None. Even an Abrams has trouble destroying an Abrams tank. ... If a modern 120mm gun with HEAT and Sabot rounds can barely get the job done, no tank gun in WWII would be able to, especially with the munitions of the time.
Can a hand grenade destroy a tank?
Hand grenades would not be able to destroy a tank completely, even if it detonated inside. A modified grenade would have a better chance of this as you use the grenade as the fuse. ... Explosives such as C4 would be able to destroy a tank from the inside. Anti-tank grenades were not widely used during WWII.
What weapons can destroy a tank?
- Tank Destroyers.
- Rockets and shaped charges.
- Mines and other explosives.
- Infantry close assault.
- Suicide bombing.
Can a mortar destroy a tank?
Depends on the hit location and type of ammunition, but in general tanks are not meant to survive mortar hits. ... Fragments from the explosion of a mortar round could also damage optics, antennas, radios and the main gun. Most likely a mortar crew wouldn't use a dumb HE round to engage a main battle tank.
What is the best anti tank weapon?
Can a Hellfire missile destroy a tank?
The Joint Air Ground Missile (JAGM) will arm U.S. Army and Marine Corps attack helicopters, providing a weapon capable of destroying the heaviest tanks from miles away. ... Just over five feet long, seven inches wide and weighing approximately 100 pounds, Hellfire could kill tanks at ranges of up to five miles.
Can 30mm destroy a tank?
Enough 30mm shells, coming from the right direction, can certainly destroy a tank. That's the reason we have A-10 Warthogs. They have lots of other weapons, but the 30mm cannon is probably the best thing they have for killing lots of tanks.
Can minigun destroy tank?
The M134 minigun, as other answers have pointed out, is only 7.
Could a Tiger tank beat a modern tank?
Yes Abrams and any other modern tank has huge advantage with better sensors and better armour and better gun. But that doesn't mean tiger cannot win. ... It can penetrate Abrams rear armour and do a mobility kill on engine from very far away.
Can a machine gun destroy a tank?
In reality even a Tiger tank can be destroyed by a . 50 cal machine gun (which happened to ones captured by a US AA unit). ... Small arms won't do anything to a tank but it can cause it to slow down. It also depends hoq thick the armor is.
Are Miniguns legal?
The M134 General Electric Minigun According to the National Firearms Act, any fully automatic weapon made before 1986 is fair game to civilians.
- What is the heart of Elijah Anderson's Code of the street?
- What is globalization according to Bauman?
- What is globalization According to Martin Khor?
- What happened during women's suffrage?
- What caused women's rights?
- What do you call a homeless child?
- What did Elijah Anderson do?
- What conditions contribute to the weakening of the civil law and the strengthening of the code of the street?
- Why did Dan Abrams leave live PD?
- Which concept is at the heart of the code of the street according to Anderson?
- What is the sense of coherence?
- What are the five scapes of globalization?
- What does globalization mean in simple terms?
- How old is Shannon Matthews?
- How many wives Arjuna have in Mahabharat?
- What does Anderson mean by the term streetwise?
- Who plays Elijah on Roseanne?
- What does Technoscape mean?
- Why does Mr Fox whistle?
- Is Bastille Day movie a true story?