Take a look at the similar writing assignments
Was Jane Addams married?
Public opinion began shifting back in Addams' favor and by 1931 she was once again a revered public figure, the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize. Jane Addams never married, and carried on close companionate relationships with Ellen Gates Starr and then Mary Rozet Smith.
How did the Hull House Impact America?
The impact rippled across the nation as the work of Hull House and its activists helped establish child labor laws, women's suffrage, workmen's compensation, and other hallmarks of the Progressive Era.
What was common activity at Hull House in Chicago?
It controlled gold mines that were located along trade routes. It had an advantage in trade due to its access to the Atlantic Ocean. It benefited from mines, rivers, grassland, and other natural resources.
How did Hull House established by Jane Addams and Ellen Starr contribute to American society?
How did Hull House, established by Jane Addams and Ellen Starr, contribute to American society? It gave women an alternative to domestic labor. It provided needed social services for poor people. It helped assimilate displaced farm workers into city life.
What was a goal of the settlement houses like Hull House in Chicago?
Jane Addams cofounded and led Hull House, one of the first settlement houses in North America. Hull House provided child care, practical and cultural training and education, and other services to the largely immigrant population of its Chicago neighbourhood. Addams also successfully advocated for social reform.
Who lived in the Hull House?
Charles Hull granted his former home to his niece Helen Culver, who in turn granted it to Addams on a 25-year rent-free lease. By 1907, Addams had acquired 13 buildings surrounding Hull's mansion.
What was the purpose of the Hull House quizlet?
Hull House work focused on the needs of families, especially immigrant ones. The Hull House served as a model for other settlement houses. Organized and aided urban communities. African American ministers often served as both political and spiratual leaders in these communities.
- What did Jane Addams write?
- What did Jane Addams believe in?
- Why is Jane Addams important in history?
- What did Jane Addams do?
- What was the impact of Florence Kelley?
- Did Jane Addams get married?
- What did Jane Addams do and why?
- What's a book award?
- What is Jane Addams known for?
- How did women's lives change during the Progressive Era?
You will be interested
- What was significant about the work of Jane Addams?
- What are the 5 smart goals in nursing?
- How is Jane Addams remembered?
- What jobs did Jane Addams have?
- What obstacles did Jane Addams face?
- What did Jane Addams do for education?
- What was the Hull House Apush?
- What did the National Child Labor Committee accomplish?
- Where was Jane Addams settlement house?
- Did Jane Addams establish the Hull House?