Take a look at the similar writing assignments
What is definition of hostile?
1a : of or relating to an enemy hostile fire. b : marked by malevolence : having or showing unfriendly feelings a hostile act. c : openly opposed or resisting a hostile critic hostile to new ideas.
How would you describe hostility?
Hostility is the state of ill will and bad feeling. If a teacher embarrasses you in front of the whole class, you will probably regard him or her with hostility for the remainder of the school year. Hostility can be used to describe aggressive relations between two countries as well as between people.
What is hostile nature?
If something is hostile, it's unfriendly. ... But you don't have to be from a warring nation to be hostile. You can talk about a hostile nation, a hostile takeover, a hostile remark, or a hostile attitude. Some synonyms are inimical, antagonistic, unfavorable, unfriendly.
What is a hostile action?
A hostile act is an attack or other use of force by any civilian, paramilitary, or military force or terrorist(s) (with or without national designation) against the United States, US forces and, in certain circumstances, US nationals, their property, US commercial assets, or other designated non-US forces, foreign ...
When a person is hostile?
If you are hostile to another person or an idea, you disagree with them or disapprove of them, often showing this in your behavior. ... Someone who is hostile is unfriendly and aggressive. Being competitive can lead you into becoming increasingly aggressive and hostile in your interaction with others.
What does envied mean?
1. a feeling of resentful discontent, begrudging admiration, or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, possessions, or attainments; desire for something possessed by another. 2. an object of envious feeling: She was the envy of all her classmates.
What does cumbersome mean?
1 : unwieldy because of heaviness and bulk a cumbersome package. 2 : slow-moving : ponderous cumbersome administrative procedures. 3 dialect : burdensome, troublesome.
What does predisposed mean?
to give an inclination or tendency to beforehand; make susceptible: Genetic factors may predispose human beings to certain metabolic diseases. to render subject, susceptible, or liable: The evidence predisposes him to public censure.
What is the meaning of unmanageable?
What is the meaning of powerlessness?
1 : devoid of strength or resources powerless victims. 2 : lacking the authority or capacity to act was powerless to help. Other Words from powerless Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about powerless.
What are signs of my Unmanageability?
SIGNS OF MY UNMANAGEABILITY:
- I overwhelm myself with stories, fears and worries. ...
- I use these fears and anger as emotional armour protecting myself from feeling the moment and keeping myself in the future. ...
- I try and control everything around me.
- I am committed to being rigid and unflexible in viewing my current situation.
- I forget to breathe.
What is the meaning of Incommodious?
What is the meaning of obstreperous?
1 : marked by unruly or aggressive noisiness : clamorous obstreperous merriment an obstreperous argument. 2 : stubbornly resistant to control : unruly obstreperous behavior an obstreperous child.
What is pomposity mean?
1 : pompous demeanor, speech, or behavior. 2 : a pompous gesture, habit, or act. Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More about pomposity.
What is a pompous person?
pompous Add to list Share. A pompous person is arrogant or conceited. He'll walk into a party with an inflated ego, ready to tell anyone who will listen that "I'm kind of a big deal." Today we associate the adjective pompous with self-important jerks.
What does bombast mean?
pretentious inflated speech
Is pomposity a real word?
pomposity Add to list Share. The noun pomposity means super-sized self-confidence. A person who thinks he or she is better than every else suffers from pomposity — and everyone in that person's life suffers, too. Pomposity, pronounced "pahm-POSS-ih-tee," isn't just for arrogant people.
What is the connotation of weird in paragraph 26?
As per the question, the word 'weird' connotes 'quirky' in the given paragraph as the speaker suggests that he does not possess 'unexpected or peculiar traits' which conveys a negative emotional association.
Is Bombastic an insult?
The definition of bombastic is important-sounding language that is meaningless. (of a person, their language or writing) Showy in speech and given to using flowery or elaborate terms; grandiloquent; pompous. ...
Is Bombastic a compliment?
A song of a similar name, Boombastic, briefly topped the charts back in 1995 – but being called bombastic is not a compliment. Synonyms for bombastic include gassy and windy, so one could fairly say that being bombastic, well, stinks.
What is a bombastic person?
Bombastic evolved as an adjective to describe something (or someone!) that is overly wordy, pompous, or pretentious, but the adjective is most often used to describe language (speech or writing). ... Think of writing or speech that is overly padded and you'll understand how the meaning came about.
What is another word for bombastic?
SYNONYMS FOR bombastic pompous, grandiloquent, turgid, florid, grandiose.
What is the meaning of blustering?
blowing in stormy gusts
What is the opposite of bombastic?
bombastic(adjective) Pompous or overly wordy. Antonyms: succinct, concise.
What does epitome mean?
1 : a typical or ideal example : embodiment the British monarchy itself is the epitome of tradition— Richard Joseph. 2a : a summary of a written work. b : a brief presentation or statement of something.
What is a fancy word for loud?
Some common synonyms of loud are earsplitting, raucous, stentorian, and strident. While all these words mean "marked by intensity or volume of sound," loud applies to any volume above normal and may suggest undue vehemence or obtrusiveness.
- Who is the author of imagined communities?
- What is a key concept of the humanistic theory of learning?
- What does imagined community mean?
- What do I do if I can't afford therapy?
- Why is nation imagined?
- What does Anderson mean by imagined communities?
- What are the major nursing theories?
- What is poor teamwork?
- How does Anderson define nation and nationalism in Imagined Communities?
- Who published imagined communities?
You will be interested
- What are good family quotes?
- What is the impact of Noli Me Tangere?
- Who coined print capitalism?
- What does notoriously mean?
- What is the implication of Noli Me Tangere?
- What do humanists believe about death?
- Why is a person who is deaf a better description than a deaf person quizlet?
- What does it mean to have an imagined community?
- What is nationalism According to Anderson?
- What is the political message of El Filibusterismo?