What means anticipatory?
How do you define the Americas?
What does the media consist of?
What is the main type of environment?
What is an example of symbolism?
What is called as note?
What is a synonym for legitimacy?
How do I write my name in Western script?
What nationality is Danny Kenyon?
How do I set default role in discord?
What does Cali stand for in opsec?
What does David Badour do for a living?
What is the spokesperson role?
Table of Contents:
- What is the antonyms of ethnography?
- What is the opposite of abase?
- What is the opposite of an environmentalist?
- What is the opposite of accommodate?
- What's another word for accomodate?
- What is a synonym of accommodate?
- What does oblige mean?
- What does antonym mean?
- What does synonym mean?
- What are the 50 examples of antonyms?
- What is a metaphor for hope?
- What are some famous metaphors?
- What is a metaphor for success?
- What 2 words does a metaphor use?
- What's a metaphor for life?
- What does the journey of life mean?
- What is a deep metaphor?
- What is the difference between metaphor and analogy?
- What are the two types of analogies?
- What is it called when you compare two things?
- What is a metaphor for hungry?
- What are the 5 examples of simile?
- Is pigsty a metaphor?
- What is an implied metaphor?
- What does the metaphor your computer is a dinosaur mean?
What is the antonyms of ethnography?
The word ethnography typically refers to a branch of anthropology concerned with the study of human cultures. There are no categorical antonyms for this word. However, one could loosely use terms such as cultural ignorance as antonyms.
What is the opposite of abase?
abase. Antonyms: promote, exalt, honor, raise, elevate, dignify, aggrandize. Synonyms: degrade, disgrace, bring low, reduce, humble, demean, stoop, humiliate, depress, lower, sink, dishonor.
What is the opposite of an environmentalist?
(politics, usually Green) Opposite of a member or supporter of an environmentalist group or party. industrialist. capitalist.
What is the opposite of accommodate?
Verb. ▲ Opposite of to provide housing or accommodation for. bar. ban.
What's another word for accomodate?
SYNONYMS FOR accommodate 1 serve, aid, assist, help, abet. 7 fit, suit. 8 compose, harmonize.
What is a synonym of accommodate?
accommodate. Synonyms: convenience, oblige, adapt, supply, reconcile, suit, fit, adjust, furnish, serve, harmonize. Antonyms: inconvenience, disoblige, disturb, misfit, incommode, deprive, aggravate.
What does oblige mean?
1 : to constrain by physical, moral, or legal force or by the exigencies of circumstance obliged to find a job felt obliged to share it with her. 2a : to put in one's debt by a favor or service We are much obliged for your help. b : to do a favor for always ready to oblige a friend. intransitive verb.
What does antonym mean?
: a word of opposite meaning The usual antonym of good is bad. Other Words from antonym Some Differences Between Synonyms and Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about antonym.
What does synonym mean?
1 : one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses. 2a : a word or phrase that by association is held to embody something (such as a concept or quality) a tyrant whose name has become a synonym for oppression.
What are the 50 examples of antonyms?
|Achieve - Fail||Giant - Dwarf||Random - Specific|
|Arrive - Depart||Innocent - Guilty||Simple - Complicated|
|Arrogant - Humble||Knowledge - Ignorance||Single - Married|
|Attack - Defend||Liquid - Solid||Sunny - Cloudy|
|Blunt - Sharp||Marvelous - Terrible||Timid - Bold|
What is a metaphor for hope?
Metaphor Examples in Hope Is the Thing with Feathers: “Crumb” is an often-used metaphor that denotes a small amount, a meaning which applies in this case. ... Dickinson's speaker depicts hope as a “thing with feathers,” which many of us will assume to be a bird.
What are some famous metaphors?
- “The Big Bang.” ...
- “All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. ...
- “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ...
- “I am the good shepherd, … and I lay down my life for the sheep.” ...
- “All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.” ...
- “Chaos is a friend of mine.”
What is a metaphor for success?
The success is big and failure is small metaphor can be seen as a sub-metaphor of an overarching good is big and bad is small metaphor that pervades our language. It has parallels in other sub-metaphors such as important is big and unimportant is small.
What 2 words does a metaphor use?
Unlike a simile, a metaphor "does not use connective words such as like, as, or resembles in making the comparison."2 However, many metaphors use words like "of" or "is" to link one part to another, including "a heart of gold" and "time is a thief". On the other hand, the toughest metaphors are indirect and implied.
What's a metaphor for life?
Metaphors are figures of speech that state that one thing is actually another thing. ... Metaphors for life are a way of comparing life to other things in a way that may help you think about your life and problems in a different way.
What does the journey of life mean?
Life is a journey filled with lessons, hardships, heartaches, joys, celebrations and special moments that will ultimately lead us to our destination, our purpose in life. The road will not always be smooth; in fact, throughout our travels, we will encounter many challenges.
What is a deep metaphor?
Martha Lagace: What are deep metaphors? Gerald Zaltman and Lindsay Zaltman: Deep metaphors are basic frames or orientations we have toward the world around us. They are "deep" because they are largely unconscious and universal. They are "metaphors" because they recast everything we think about, hear, say, and do.
What is the difference between metaphor and analogy?
A metaphor is often poetically saying something is something else. An analogy is saying something is like something else to make some sort of an explanatory point. You can use metaphors and similes when creating an analogy.
What are the two types of analogies?
In writing, there are two predominant types of analogies:
- Analogies that identify identical relationships. ...
- Analogies that identify shared abstraction.
What is it called when you compare two things?
What is a Simile? Simile (pronounced sim--uh-lee) is a literary term where you use “like” or “as” to compare two different things and show a common quality between them. A simile is different from a simple comparison in that it usually compares two unrelated things.
What is a metaphor for hungry?
The very sight of food caused the dieter to leave the holiday table with the speed of a gazelle. METAPHOR. His cravings for anything to consume ached like an obsessive itch. SIMILE. She felt her hunger was like a claw gnawing at her empty stomach.
What are the 5 examples of simile?
Following are some more examples of similes regularly used in writing:
- You were as brave as a lion.
- They fought like cats and dogs.
- He is as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
- This house is as clean as a whistle.
- He is as strong as an ox.
- Your explanation is as clear as mud.
- Watching the show was like watching grass grow.
Is pigsty a metaphor?
This simile compares Sam's home to a pigsty (where pigs live). It means that Sam's home is very messy. He probably does not clean often and leaves dirty clothes on the floor. A metaphor is not always as easy to understand and can sometimes be understood in different ways by different people or in different situations.
What is an implied metaphor?
Implied. An implied metaphor is a type of metaphor that compares two things that are not alike without actually mentioning one of those things. For example, “A woman barked a warning at her child.” Here, the implied metaphor compares a woman to a dog, without actually mentioning the dog.
What does the metaphor your computer is a dinosaur mean?
The computers at school are old dinosaurs. metaphor meaning that they are old and out of date.
- What is the purpose of Ethnology?
- What does Bible say about predestination?
- What is fatalistic thinking?
- What is the difference between ethnography and ethnology?
- What does an ethnologist do?
- What is the importance of cultural anthropology?
- Which course is anthropology?
- Who makes anthology clothing?
- What are the 4 fields of anthropology?
- What is an ethnologist definition?
- What is dance ethnology?
- What is involved in doing ethnology?
- What is a sentence for anthropology?
- What are the 6500 languages?
- Who are the ancestors of the Philippines?
- What is ethnography example?
- What are the difference or similarities if any between ethnography and ethnology?
- What is general anthropology class?
- What is ethnographic field work?
- Which college has the best anthropology program?