Table of Contents:
- What is thick description According to Geertz?
- What is an ethnography and give an example?
- What is thick description in ethnography?
- What is thick description quizlet?
- What does Thick mean?
- How can you tell if someone is thick?
- What does Thicc mean for a girl?
- What does it mean if a guy calls you thick?
- Can you be skinny and have curves?
- Why is Thicc spelled with two C's?
- Who started Thicc?
- What does extra Thicc mean?
- What does dumb Thicc mean?
- What is a Thicc man?
- Is it good to be called Thicc?
- What does YEET mean?
- Is it a compliment to be called Thicc?
What is thick description According to Geertz?
To aid anthropologists in the task of defining their cultural object of study, Geertz introduced the concept of thick description into the parlance of the discipline; this term can be described as "the detailed account of field experiences in which the researcher makes explicit the patterns of cultural and social ...
What is an ethnography and give an example?
Generally, an ethnographic study involves a researcher observing behaviour either in person or via cameras pre-installed in participant homes, work places, etc. Think of the show Gogglebox where viewers observe the reaction to other people watching TV – that's ethnography.
What is thick description in ethnography?
Thick description is a term used to characterize the process of paying attention to contextual detail in observing and interpreting social meaning when conducting qualitative research. ... For Geertz, doing anthropology means doing ethnography, which in turn means doing thick description.
What is thick description quizlet?
"thick" description involves understanding and absorbing the context of the situation or behavior. It also involves ascribing present and future intentionality to the behavior.
What does Thick mean?
1a : having or being of relatively great depth or extent from one surface to its opposite a thick plank. b : heavily built : thickset. 2a : close-packed with units or individuals the air was thick with snow. b : occurring in large numbers : numerous.
How can you tell if someone is thick?
“Thick is a term used to describe a woman with nice, full thighs, round hips, a bubble butt, but manages to have a slim waist and upper body. She is not considered to be fat or skinny, but a happy middle.”
What does Thicc mean for a girl?
Big, Curvy and Sexy
What does it mean if a guy calls you thick?
Fast forward 20 years and “phat” has found a new iteration in “thick,” but essentially, they mean almost the same thing. According to urbandictionary.com, “thick” means “nice a**, nice legs, not skinny, with meat on your bones, thickness is the sh**” — and BuzzFeed seems to agree.
Can you be skinny and have curves?
Skinny, fat, tall or short women alike, curvature is something they can't always have. At least from my observation, any woman can have a short body (around 150 cm or 5′) but very curved on the waist. ... But when it comes to curvature, some women have it better than others.
Why is Thicc spelled with two C's?
Originally Answered: What is the origin of ending words with two c's? (Thicc, Zucc, etc.) The origin of this practice is Crip lingo to avoid the "ck". ... The origin of this practice is Crip lingo to avoid the "ck". In the same way that Bloods replace the "C" with the "B" in some words.
Who started Thicc?
Like most internet slang, thicc initially circulated online among Black communities. The term was first used on Twitter in early 2009, where many users included it in tweets quoting Lil Wayne's verse, “I like a long-haired thick redbone,” from the song “Every Girl” by Young Money.
What does extra Thicc mean?
Adding the word “extra” as a further description implies that a female has an even more curvaceous and voluptuous figure with a bigger butt and bigger thighs. Origin of Extra Thicc. This slang term became popular after a popular cartoon series user a variation of the term in one of their episodes.
What does dumb Thicc mean?
dumb, dumb think
What is a Thicc man?
So gearls, listen up: Thicc is a slang term created by people of color (like virtually all slang words). It's used, as one might surmise, to describe a larger and thicker body type. It is an adjective for those among us whose thighs don't just keep in touch from time to time — they're practically conjoined twins.
Is it good to be called Thicc?
THICC means "Big, Curvy And Sexy". The word THICC (pronounced "Tick") is used to describe a woman with a "Big, Curvy and Sexy" body. Typically, the woman will have an hourglass or pear-shaped figure, with particularly large buttocks and thighs. THICC is often used as a compliment, but may also be considered offensive.
What does YEET mean?
of excitement, approval, surprise
Is it a compliment to be called Thicc?
The word THICC (pronounced "Tick") is used to describe a woman with a "Big, Curvy and Sexy" body. Typically, the woman will have an hourglass or pear-shaped figure, with particularly large buttocks and thighs. THICC is often used as a compliment, but may also be considered offensive.
- What is ethnography quizlet?
- What is the difference between anthropology and cultural anthropology?
- What are some ethnographic techniques?
- What are fieldwork methods?
- What is another word for carouse?
- What is the meaning of ethnographic research?
- What is case study advantages and disadvantages?
- What is an ethnographic research question?
- What does Miscellany mean?
- What is ethnography in sociology?
- What is the root word of anthropology?
- How do you write an ethnographic case study?
- Is Ethnography a theoretical framework?
- What is anthropology courses?
- How will you use ethnography in the study of psychology?
- Are archaeologists?
- What are the best topics for qualitative research?
- What is Bada in Korean?
- What is ethnology in sociology?
- What is a formal interview?